Sunday 20 November 2011

Sculpture Park

The Sculpture Park bared unexpected fruit, as it helped me see past my original expectations.

These two pictures were taken, with a flash and without. This taught me a valuable lesson, when in Maya, take note that during the texturing process I shouldn’t add too much shading to the texture because the rendering object will add shape and shadows to it.


While I was walking around I stumbled on fantastic research and inspirational image material. For an example these stone beams are covered in ivy that provides information on colour and the perspective of how the ivy plant is curling around the beams.  


As I continued taking photos I started to realise that there is hidden instance in my imagery. In this image I can see a parrot (dinosaur) head that is near the top left of the tree. The head is slightly browner than the tree, the specific shadows gives the shape and distinguishing facial features.


This photo shows the inside of a rotten log but from another perspective it’s a valley that’s sloped up into some caves. Also I can see a face on the right but more man lizard like.


These types of sculptures were scattered around the park. I can see a giant chicken head, a Cyclops head and my favourite, a ditto (Pokemon).

No comments:

Post a Comment