Saturday 21 April 2012

Part 13 Lighting and More Assets






1. Due to the discovery I made when developing my machines I went back to sort out the lighting in all my other normal maps as I did have a problem with the lighting but now I am making it right for my normals to show correctly. Lighting is very important in order to test my normals correctly as normal maps use the light to cast the 3d shadow. If the lighting is wrong the normal maps are compromised.

2. I am trying out many options in the normal map software such as increasing its depth and lowering its opacity so that it gives a strong outline. From these renders I now intend to increase the brightness a little as it looks slightly too dark.


3. Light artists and designers are very important as it’s hard to get the composition just right. I'm not sure is I am totally happy with mine, I may have to change it at a late date but I have definitely managed to get the main shadow angled correctly.  For the last render I decided to turn the light angle down so it slightly sharpens the shadow and complements the light (contrast).



4. Finishing up the empty level of textures and normal maps I have missed.

5.


6.



7.


8.



9.


10.


11.

12.


13.

14.

15.
Running out of time, so I am quickly forming the last of the metal props because I really have to do the foliage.

16.
Forgot to texture the stairs and to make some kind of electrical light source so am making a start on these.


17.

18.

19.


20. Last of the metalwork and unfortunately I’m running out of time rush rush rush…


No comments:

Post a Comment