Saturday 14 April 2012

Part 12 Easter Rush Part 2




Metalwork

1. Simply splashed on a rust texture to see what’s it's like and what goes well with the flow of the level. (so many combinations of rust to choose from)


2. Still need to sort out the normals but not bad for the first try…



3.


4.




5.



6.

7.

8.




9. Kept the previous rusty metal texture open so I don’t go off track.



10.


11.


12. Just the diffuse texture and the normal map.



13. Hmmm….My machinery normals look ok but I really need to sort out the pillars, tiles, arch roofs and walls. I have now found out more information regarding how normal maps are sorted into layers. My initial mistake was to merge the whole diffuse textures together and then converted it to a normal map. I started to experiment on my machinery (pipes) with techniques I found online. Normal map layers vary on the density of the diffuse texture and the wireframe structure of the object.


14. Fixed the floor tiles but now having second thoughts on the colour of the rust. The rust should be a little darker as that’s how outside rust tends to be.



15. I changed the colour of the rust back to a darker brown. The yellow rust colour is more for a dry wasteland, this brown is required for my damp climate.


16. A single colour theme can change the whole feel of a room so I need to be careful in not letting texture opposites clash.


No comments:

Post a Comment