Wednesday 15 February 2012

Part 4- Tile Redesign, Normal Map testing and Rendering.

1. I looked at the tiling from a new perspective and thought about modelling low poly tiles that can be duplicated.

2. Made a tile compatible dirt texture using my own photos to create the floor for the tiles to lay on top.

 3.  I decided to darken the soil texture because it looked too dry and managed to UV map and texture tiles. I made 5 types of tile x2 different textures so I can play around with positioning the tiles. The unreal scale made it a lot easier because the pivot was flexible to rotate and move. (hint* to make the gaps I made the tile slightly smaller then the grid and position the pivot to the grid)
(Soz Bad Picture =S)

4. started to get excited with normal maps (went off to create the basics and rushed into normal maps that still seemed a little off. I might go back to them)

5. The one normal map I felt all right about but I can still change it later on. This is the setting I did in NDO to get it to look like this.

6. Modelled a few holes to make it look like the holes had been eroded by weather effect. The first render looked too … plain, so I added a few more out of place tiles that had been dislodges by wind and rain. (there are dark lines in the dirt texture because I found out later that I didn’t  tick the canvas option in NDO normal maps at the start, so the texture edges picked up light *face palm)


7. Started to do the normal map with the tiled wall texture and came to realise that I hadn’t done all the basics first before final touches. I am still a little unhappy about the normal maps so I will come back to them at a later date.



No comments:

Post a Comment