Friday 10 February 2012

Part 1 MA Semester 2- Block Mapping

My first semester was all about sharpening my skills, researching architecture, making a new style and to have some type of documentation of my work.

My second semester will be all about building my style of architecture in a large scale and get it as beautifully drawn as possible before placing it from Maya to UDK. The style will be mine, the texture will be my own photos and the level design is my experimentation. This will lead up to my third semester when I will apply game mechanics and make the level more playable with a UI, animations and if I have the time enemies. This will achieve a balance of puzzle, agility (things to avoid and climb) and action (enemies) the three main areas that faem the backbone of games.

I am planning to create a Nouvic ruined temple that has 1930-40’s technology Nouvic themed machines that moved in and later were abandoned. The location will be an Amazon foliage, so the temple will be overgrown covering half the section and the main hall.    

I intended to post screenshots of my progress instead of writing descriptions of each screenshot and would like to see the readers of this blog to comment, ask questions, advice and criticism would be welcome.  

1.

2.


3.

4.

5.

6.
7.

 8.
9.

No comments:

Post a Comment