Friday 6 April 2012

Event 4 Blackpool Friend Visit


 Part 10-11

1. I went to visit a Rick who lives in Blackpool to watch Wrath of the Titans and The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! The Pirate film was fantastic and funny. After the movies I couldn’t stay too long at the car park so I went to the beach and took as many photos as I could.  


2. It was a good opportunity to increase my texture library with beach textures. Also it will make a nice reference source for the near future.



3. Blackpool has cleaned up the entire beach and restored most of the sea supports. It felt too neat and clinical rather than a natural environment, so I had to make the best of this.


4. To make the most this opportunity I decided to get quite a few textures I got 3 or 4 sand textures and a few with foot prints in them, also wet sand, disturbed sand, puddles on the sand and other combinations like stones.

5. I started to get seaweed textures and then found an old rusted up support structure that gave me some quality textures. I already had got quite a lot of photos of stone textures as shown in the bottom of the pictures below.


6. These are the sea supports that I have taken a lot of textures from the Council have replaced some of the rusted bolts and repaired some of the metal work holding it all together.  


7. They have refurbished most of Blackpool’s prom into a more modern simplistic style but to be honest it is not to my taste as I am I not a fan of modern art. I am still a big fan of gothic, art nouveau, Indian and other architectures.  



8. It does look nice but it feels… empty and plain. There are some interesting shapes that caught my eye like the spiked lights that look like a Swiss army knife with light attachments.   

No comments:

Post a Comment